Wed, Jan 27|
WJCCRC Call for a ZOOM Meeting
I, Dorothea E. Matthews, Chair of the Williamsburg-James City County Republican Committee, do hereby call a meeting of the Committee on Wednesday January 27, 2021 at 6:30.
Time & Location
Jan 27, 2021, 6:30 PM
About the event
1 Call to Order
2 Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance and RPV Creed
3 Roll Call of Members, Quorum Declaration
4 Membership Chair Report
5 Approval of Minutes of December 2020 Meeting
6 Announcements One minute please
7 Treasurer’s Report
8 Speaker: Lawrence Hajak
9 Chair’s Report
First Congressional District Meeting with Congressman Wittman
Election Integrity Training
Speakers for February and March
10 New Business
Brief reports by sub committees Three minutes please
Other New Business
WJCCRC Rules for Electronic Meetings - Adopted - Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) The following rules are adopted to accommodate electronic meetings as authorized in Article XII (Temporary Emergency Provisions) of the State Party Plan as amended on April 18, 2020. Electronic meetings may e held via teleconference, WebEx, Zoom or other commercially available teleconference service or software.
- Participants must connect to the meeting per instructions issued in the Official Call for the meeting.
- Participants must register/announce themselves by First and Last name upon connecting to the meeting (the use of a common nickname for the first name is acceptable, e.g., Thomas could use Tom; Thurston Howell III could use Trip, etc.).
- When the roll is called, participants shall indicate the phone number from which they are calling so their names can be associated with those numbers for the presiding officer.
- Once a quorum has been determined by roll call, no point of order relating to the presence of a quorum shall be in order.
- Participants will mute their line when not speaking. The Chair or his designee may mute any line not being used by a recognized speaker.
- Members may seek recognition by using the “raise hand” feature if available or when the “floor” us is opened for comment by the Chair.
- Members may interrupt a speaker only when such an interruption is in order per Robert’s Rules by unmuting their line and addressing the Chair, stating their name, and the reason for interruption (e.g., Mr. Chairman, this is John Doe, I have a point of order).
- Members may provide the text of main motions and amendments using the Chat feature if available (available in Zoom, WebEx, etc.) and may be required to do so at the discretion of the Chair.
- During debate, speakers will be limited to two (2) minutes. Rules adopted for special meetings, appeals, etc. that differ from the time limit take precedence.
- All actions will be taken by unanimous consent unless a member promptly objects by using the “raise hand” feature (if available) or by responding, “I vote no/nay” when prompted by the Chair.
- A voice vote is not in order; at the Chair’s discretion initial votes may be taken as a “rising vote” using the “Yes” and “No” button feature if available.
================================================= Special Note from the Call Facilitators (Terry and Benny) : Please open www.zoom.us and make sure your profile shows your first and last name. Also read and learn how to view and use the "Chat Box" so that you will see comments and questions from the meeting facilitators. We also suggest that you fine tune and test your video and audio for clarity using the controls available within "Zoom Settings".